Exmo Minecraft server is running!
Our community Minecraft Servers is up and running! Here’s an overview of what to expect:
- I am using a whitelist. That means that if you want to play, you need to email me (chanson dot exmormon at gmail dot com) and I will add you to the whitelist. This is simply to keep anonymous griefers out. Anyone who wants to be added will be added, but those who cannot be persuaded not to troll and grief other players will be removed from the whitelist.
- Please be respectful of other players. I may consider making a faction server at some point, but this one is one of the cooperative wow classic servers. Don’t take or break things made by other players, and don’t pick fights with players unless they have expressly stated that they want to fight you.
- The server has a clearly-marked common house in the castle where you can stay for a while and get some items to get started. Please try to leave the common area (and the rest of the castle) in at least as nice a state as you found it.
- I will make regular backups, but I prefer not to roll back unless absolutely necessary. (I find frequent roll-backs extremely annoying, as I explained on my Groundhog Day post.)
- The main server is intended for adults (and possibly older teens, but please get parents’ permission). I also have a kids’ server for younger teens and children. (I’m happy to add interested kids and their parents to the kids’ server, but I’ll be a little more picky about making sure you’re a real person before adding you to the whitelist on the kids’ server.)
- I play as AsteroidBelt. I will be monitoring the server logs pretty closely (especially in the beginning), so if you have any suggestions, requests, or complaints, you can just type them in, and I’ll see them, even if I’m not online when you type them.
- This is a free service by the folks of the community blog Main Street Plaza. Feel free to express your appreciation with some linky-love for our community blog (and by participating in the discussion, writing interesting articles for us, etc.), and by joining Outer Blogness if you have an exmo blog. (Remember: we will add your comments feed to the Outer Blogness “Recent Comments” column if you add the Outer Blogness link button above the fold on your blog.)
- Have fun!!!
That sounds fascinating. I do know about Minecraft, but alas, I do not have internet at home as of yet. Even then, it would make my wife a little nervous I think. I used to be addicted to World of Warcraft (I stopped a few months before Cataclysm came out, but up to that point, I was doing 25 man raids and 10 man heroic raids on the Lich King). I would like to try out some of the Boolean Logic that I’ve learned that you can do in Minecraft. It would make it possible to have some neat designs for dungeons and buildings (or whatever it is that you make in Minecraft). If nothing else, it would keep me in practice to become the engineer that I want to be one day.
It’s amazing — it’s possible to construct a functioning computer within Minecraft (even though that’s not the main draw of Minecraft).
That’s why it’s so addictive!!!
Let me just post some videos of projects I’ve done. Here’s a video of the castle I made for this server:
Here’s a defensive castle design to withstand a siege:
With a follow-up:
That prototype (which I built in creative mode) — I also built a slight variant on that same design in survival mode. It wasn’t as hard as I expected. That one is on the kids’ server.
I also made some server mods — but I haven’t ported the mods to the latest release. Maybe I will now that I have a real server:
And this is my first Minecraft video, in which my objective was to design an attractive building:
I’ve signed up seven people for the server so far — it’s going to be fun!! 😀
I will join!
this’s very cool news
hi i want to play in a minecraft server.i know a lot of things about minecraft but u know my friends are not playing it .so i would like to join ur server but it is a little bit boring for me to u know send an email to u so i was wondering if it is possible for u to right an email to me .my email is firstname.lastname@example.org pls 🙂
so that u can tell me the minecraft server’s adress
I would really prefer not to post the address to the Internet. If you’d like to join, please email me.